Tractor spotting

One of Monkey’s highlights of a trip to Granny and Gramps in Spain, is to go tractor spotting.  You really don’t have to look very hard!  My parents live in a rural area in southern Spain, you are in olive groves within  a couple of minutes from walking to the top of their road.  So on our recent visit, it wasn’t long before Monkey wanted to go for a walk.  Can we go to the Cooperativa Gramps?

The Cooperativa is where all the local farms take their olives for weighing and sorting before they go off for processing.  We also think that farm machinery is shared or leased as there is always a number of different pieces of machinery parked up.

We had missed the harvest of the green, and then black olives this time.  The farmers were busy in the fields cutting down dead wood and old trees, preparing the fields for this years crop.  This meant that we wouldn’t see the long stream of tractors with olive laden trailers dumping their loads.  But Monkey didn’t mind.  A bit of tractor spotting, was better than none at all.

Tractor spottingOf course with Daddy P’s background in fruit and veg, we had a look at the Seville oranges and lemons growing in gardens as we passed.

Tractor spotting Tractor spotting

We’d only just left my parents road when Monkey got his first tractor spotting opportunity.

Tractor spottingTo add to the excitement – Daddy it’s a John Deere!!!!  This is Monkey’s tractor make of choice.  He is totally obsessed with John Deere, it won’t be long before he’s reciting model numbers, I can see that day coming.

Can we find some more please!  Tractor Spotting in the Spanish sun, with his camera in hand.

Tractor spottingSo off we went into town, on our way to the Cooperativa.  Oh wow, more machinery!

Tractor spottingOne happy boy, enjoying tractor spotting.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

About over40andamumtoone

I’m a first time, full time Mum in my 40′s. I had a busy life in Export Sales before my Monkey came along, but decided to become a stay at home Mum once he arrived. We’ve had a busy 3 years so far, but now as Monkey has started pre-school I’ve decided to start a blog about our journey and experiences from here on in. We also have a kitten called Brewster who will be making appearances and I’m a mad Ferrari F1 fan, so am sure that will slip in to the blog too. We love reviewing toys, games and books and would love the opportunity to look at anything that fits in with our family lifestyle. We are always out and about and offering an insight on the places we visit. If you like what you read please leave me a comment, I love to hear from people, and always try to reply. Enjoy the read.
This entry was posted in Family Life, Out and About and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Tractor spotting

1. I love that last photo! My son would get on fabulously with Monkey (think I may have mentioned this before!) They even share the same coat. What a great time, tractor heaven indeed :)
    Iona@redpeffer recently posted…Saturday is caption dayMy Profile

2. I have to say we’ve never attempted tractor spotting before :) lovely photos #CountryKids x
    chantelle hazelden recently posted…Time to Plant Some FlowersMy Profile

3. HPMcQ says:

that’s quite a few tractors!

those oranges and lemons look lush :)
    HPMcQ recently posted…without paul smith i’d just be HPMy Profile

4. Dean B says:

Oh I love orange and lemon trees! Love the look of excitement too on your son’s face – priceless! :) #CountryKids.
    Dean B recently posted…A Little Jaunt in the Park with Pinky the Helium CatMy Profile

5. He looks great with his little camera! David Bailey watch out :D

6. My son is beside me tinkering on the ipad and im here blog hopping and he saw your post and he sat onmy lap cuz he LOVES machines like this =)

You made his day. Imagine how happy hell be when he sees this massiveness in real life!

#countrykids
    Merlinda (@pixiedusk) recently posted…Saturday is Caption DayMy Profile

7. I love this idea of going on an outing and spotting tractors! There’s just something about tractors that kids love.
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted…We’re going on a salamander huntMy Profile

8. He looks so happy! Great idea for a trip out, and he clearly wasn’t disappointed!
    The Reading Residence recently posted…A Week In CornwallMy Profile

9. spicers1976 says:

So sweet that he;s got his camera out

10. TheBoyandMe says:

That is a serious collection of tractors, he must have been in his element! Love the wonderful fruit trees, was he interested in them?
    TheBoyandMe recently posted…365 #13My Profile

11. Christine says:

My son is a few years older and his vehicle obsession is at its height! I wonder when (if) they grow out of it? However even I would like to see the tractors with all of the olives in.

12. Fabulous tractor spotting opportunities! Absolutely love that last photo :)
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…The Prompt: Week 12My Profile

13. Mummy of Two says:

Looks like there were lots to keep Monkey happy! Great that you could do it in the sunshine too :)

14. This is fab, Bud loves tractors too so I think he’d enjoy an afternoon there!

15. looks like monkey heaven!! love the running picture too.
    Tina Mansfield recently posted…Fishbourne Roman PalaceMy Profile

16. Mama Owl says:

Oh my, my youngest son would be in his element there!
    Mama Owl recently posted…What E Wore – The Spring EditMy Profile