disclosure: this is a paid collaborative post
In the age of Zoom classes and Google Classroom assignments, our children’s education cannot remain how it used to be. According to reports, the system is undergoing rapid changes with homeschooling on the rise.
Educational videos play a major role when teaching your children at home. These clips are useful even for regular schoolgoers. Compared to conventional classroom teaching, learning videos are more impactful. Learning how to make educational videos could improve your child’s skills by encouraging brain function.
Benefits of Educational Videos for Children
Using videos and other media to teach your children has many benefits. Studies indicate that “showing” rather than simply “telling” creates a deeper impact on your child’s memory. With the right tools for making educational videos, your student could benefit in the following ways.
Improved Data Retention
Learning videos can help children better retain information compared to notes and textbooks. These clips provide visual cues and animations to back up the lessons. Integrating media like these thus makes the material more engaging and inspires kids to learn.
Higher Engagement Rate
Videos and other media can keep children engaged and interested in the material. These forms of teaching provide more visual stimulation than text-based materials.
Your pupils will have a higher attention span when watching videos. These clips may also spark interesting debates and questions as animation makes learning even for all students. These interactions could also potentially improve your learner’s social skills.
Deeper Understanding of Concepts
Educational videos improve your child’s ability to grasp complex concepts. The tools in a typical classroom setting can’t sometimes help you fully explain ideas and theories. Try as hard as you may, they just don’t get through to your learner.
Videos break these ideas down into simpler, more digestible pieces. The added animations and graphs further enhance the learning experience, making concepts easier to understand.
Additionally, you can also provide children with real-world examples using these clips. Learning how to make teaching videos lets you integrate scenarios that would be difficult to add to a conventional lesson. These examples may boost their problem-solving skills as they can relate to the content more clearly.
Watching educational videos may inspire children to think creatively. Using exciting colors and graphics in your content stimulates their imagination. Clips like these help children come up with new ideas and interpretations.
Traditional Learning vs Video Learning
Online learning is now an immutable part of children’s education.
Traditional learning generally involves learning through physical materials such as textbooks, lectures, and hands-on activities. As the norm for education systems, this approach to learning is often seen to be the more effective way.
Compared to online teaching, a classroom setting allows more interaction between the student and the instructor. This connection could potentially be beneficial in clearing up doubts about lessons. Traditional teaching also offers children valuable life skills. Through this mode, students learn to engage with peers and develop their social mechanisms.
Video learning refers to teaching through videos, online tutorials, and other digital media. A more modern approach to learning, it is more efficient than conventional systems. Video learning allows for more flexibility in terms of material accessibility. Children can also have their schedules when learning through pre-recorded sessions.
While traditional learning is taken to be more effective, it can be time-consuming and expensive. Similarly, video learning is an efficient way to learn, but can also present difficulty in retaining information. The physical absence of a teacher or instructor to moderate interactions can be detrimental.
How to Make Teaching Videos
Education videos can help children to grasp concepts faster.
Want to learn how to make educational videos? With the right tools, creating learning content is a breeze. However, before getting started you must have the essential resources in hand. You can refer to the following steps to sail through the video-creation process.
- Before making your educational video for children, you need to brainstorm topic ideas that you want to cover. Think about subjects that are relevant to the child’s age group. You need to choose topics that are both engaging and important.
- Once you have the topics ready, you need to create a script for your video. This outline should include the main points you aim to cover, as well as any graphics, animations, texts, or activities you want to add.
- With the script prepared, you will need to gather supplies next. Collect items that you think you will need for your video. Props for the learning clip can include costumes, toys, or any other materials. If there is anything too fragile, make sure to get a backup. This tip will save you multiple trips to the shops.
- Next, you need to set the stage and record the video. You can use a smartphone camera to shoot the scene. If you have a professional camera, the video quality will be even better. Make sure to use the props efficiently when shooting. You should also speak clearly and use simple language that is easy for children to understand.
- Editing the video is the next step. Choose software that lets you concisely edit your content. A good editing tool will make your transitions look seamless. In some cases, you can also hire a professional to edit the video for you. Once your video is ready, you can share it with your class or group.
Helpful Tools for Making Educational Videos
Editing software can make learning video creation a breeze.
Video editing software is one of the most significant tools for making educational videos.
- Getting a video editing application makes it easy to customize educational videos for children.
- These programs have a massive library of stock video clips, images, and audio files.
- You can choose and integrate these resources to create videos.
- Video editing software also provides you with various editing tools that let you customize your clips.
Using these features, you can change fonts, backgrounds, formats, and more to create a more engaging product. Additionally, even free software offers royalty-free music and sound effects you can integrate into your videos to make them even more interesting.
As a new user, it can be easy to get overwhelmed by the programs. You should therefore pick tools that have simple, easy-to-navigate interfaces. Your program must be able to combine, edit, trim, and crop videos, images, and audio into polished content without confusing you.
Screen recording software is also integral when creating educational videos for children. These programs allow you to record your screen and audio and share it later. This feature can be helpful when creating guides and instructional videos for children. A screen recording app lets you record both audio and video. With this feature, you can guide your students via the screen and speakers.
You can also edit the video, add captions, annotations, and other customizations on these platforms. Additionally, if you don’t like sharing the whole screen, these programs also let you record only a section of your view.
Creating educational videos for children can be a fun and rewarding experience but it’s important to keep in mind that there’s a lot of preparatory work that needs to be done before you start shooting. You should plan, prepare, and practice before recording anything. Using these tools, you can create interesting and informative educational content for children. This will help students stay engaged and learn more effectively.